The Resource Addiction, Jennifer A. Hurley, book editor
- Addiction, Jennifer A. Hurley, book editor
- Statement of responsibility
- Jennifer A. Hurley, book editor
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Addiction is a disease / Eric Niiler -- Addiction is not a disease / Sally L. Satel -- Marijuana is a gateway to highly addictive drugs / Kevin J. Volpe -- Marijuana is not a gateway to highly addictive drugs / John Morgan, Lynn Zimmer -- Underage drinking increases the risk of alcoholism / Hazelden Foundation -- Underage drinking can lower the risk of alcoholism / Stanton Peele -- Substance abuse among teens is rising / Join Together -- Substance abuse among teens is not rising / Sharon Cargo -- Smoking causes a dangerous nicotine addiction / William Everett Bailey Nicotine is not the active ingredient in tobacco smoke / Lauren A. Colby -- Compulsive gambling is a national concern / Bernhard P. Horn -- Compulsive gambling is not a national concern / Dick Boland -- Alcoholism is a serious problem / W. Waldo -- The dangers of alcohol abuse are exaggerated / Stanton Peele -- Treatment programs help addicts recover / National Institute on Drug Abuse -- Many addicts recover without treatment / Anita Dubey -- Problem drinkers can learn moderation / Nancy Shute, Laura Tangley -- Problem drinkers cannot learn moderation / Part I: Hazelden Foundation, Part II: James E. Royce -- Methadone is an effective treatment for heroin addiction / Stephen Chapman Methadone is not an effective treatment for heroine addiction / Barbara Del Pizzo -- Heroin addicts should have supervised access to heroin / Ethan Nadelmann -- Supplying addicts with heroin is dangerous / Robert Maginnis -- Holistic therapies can help addicts recover / Marianne Apostolides -- Legalizing drugs would benefit addicts and society / Randy E. Barnett -- Legalizing drugs would increase addiction / Erich Goode -- The government should direct its resources toward law enforcement / Michael DeCourcy Hinds -- The government should direct its resources toward drug treatment / Joseph A. Califano Jr. -- Increased regulation of tobacco products would reduce teenage smoking / Richard B. Heyman -- Increased regulation of tobacco products would not reduce teenage smoking / Dwight R. Lee
- 22 cm.
- 192 p.
- Isbn Type
- (lib. bdg. : alk. paper)
- Other physical details
- System control number
ContextContext of Addiction, Jennifer A. Hurley, book editor
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Addiction, Jennifer A. Hurley, book editor
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.zumshs.selco.info/resource/vCangjiPC5M/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.zumshs.selco.info/resource/vCangjiPC5M/">Addiction, Jennifer A. Hurley, book editor</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.zumshs.selco.info/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.zumshs.selco.info/">Zumbrota-Mazeppa High School</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Zumbrota-Mazeppa High School. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...