The Resource Energy alternatives, Barbara Passero, book editor
- Energy alternatives, Barbara Passero, book editor
- Statement of responsibility
- Barbara Passero, book editor
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Why consider opposing viewpoints? -- Introduction -- ch. 1. Are alternative energy sources necessary? -- Chapter preface -- 1. The world is running out of oil / Matthew Simmons, interviewed by Amanda Griscom Little -- 2. The world is not running out of oil / Daniel Yergin -- 3. A transition to renewable energy sources is necessary / David Goodstein -- 4. A transition to renewable energy sources is not feasible / Paul Roberts -- 5. Alternative energy sources are necessary to reduce U.S. dependence on foreign oil / Institute for the Analysis of Global Security -- 6. Replacing foreign oil imports with alternatives would be disastrous / Justin Fox -- Periodical bibliography -- ch. 2. Is nuclear power a viable energy alternative? -- Chapter preface -- 1. Nuclear power is the energy of the future / John Ritch -- 2. Nuclear power is not the energy of the future / Helen Caldicott -- 3. Nuclear power is a safe alternative to fossil fuels / Patrick Moore -- 4. Nuclear power is not a safe alternative to fossil fuels / Harvey Blatt -- 5. Nuclear waste can be handled safely / Matthew L. Wald -- 6. Nuclear waste cannot be handled safely / Mary Olson. ch. 3. What renewable energy sources should be developed? -- Chapter preface -- 1. Solar power can help fuel the future / Glenn Hamer -- 2. Solar power is an impractical energy source / Michael Fox -- 3. Wind power should be pursued / Jim Motavalli -- 4. The drawbacks of wind power far outweigh the benefits / Eric Rosenbloom -- 5. Biomass is a proven renewable resource with many uses / U.S. Department of Energy -- 6. Geothermal energy is a promising alternative energy source / National Geothermal Collaborative -- 7. Developing a variety of renewables can best solve the energy crisis / National Economic Council -- Periodical bibliography -- ch. 4. Should alternatives to fossil fuels be pursued? -- Chapter preface -- 1. Hydrogen can replace petroleum-based automotive fuels / Tom Nicholls -- 2. Hydrogen is impractical as an automotive fuel / David W. Keith and Alexander E. Farrell -- 3. Alternatives to fossil fuels are the long-term energy solution / David Friedman -- 4. Biofuels are clean and affordable alternatives / Vivaj V. Vaitheeswaran -- 5. Plasma technology can improve fuel efficiency / Kevin Roark. Periodical bibliography -- For further discussion -- Organizations to contact -- Bibliography of books -- Index
- 22 cm.
- 238 p.
- Isbn Type
- (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Other physical details
- System control number
ContextContext of Energy alternatives, Barbara Passero, book editor
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Energy alternatives, Barbara Passero, book editor
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.zumshs.selco.info/resource/jNdgyJLkdM0/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.zumshs.selco.info/resource/jNdgyJLkdM0/">Energy alternatives, Barbara Passero, book editor</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.zumshs.selco.info/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.zumshs.selco.info/">Zumbrota-Mazeppa High School</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Zumbrota-Mazeppa High School. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...